About the Department
Computer Science is the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It involves the study of algorithms that process, store, and communicate digital information. Started in 2004, the Department of Computer Science offers B.Sc. Computer Science with a sanctioned strength of 48. The Computer Science Department’s mission is to present our students with up-to-date curricula in the computer science discipline, ensure that they have a solid foundation in the core concepts, equip them with problem solving and decision-making skills, and prepare them for lifelong learning in the discipline. We have sophisticated lab facilities with Internet connections for the needs of the students. Since then it has been producing excellent Computer Science graduates who are the pillars in the current and emerging information era. Excellent academicians and a sophisticated computing environment complement the learning process. The department prepares the students to face confidently the real time challenges posed in the I.T. Industry. Feeling proud that 100% pass in the final year is a regular achievement of the department. Also ranks in each year are another continuous achievement of our department. A. Sithima Beevi has secured the university 1st Rank in Part – III Computer Science Major in 2016.
- Ms. P. S. Anitha MCA., M. Phil., Assistant Professor & Head
- Ms. P. Booma MCA., M. Phil., (SET)., MBA., M. Sc (Psychology)., Assistant Professor
- Ms. I. Faritha Beevi MCA., M. Phil., (SET), Assistant Professor
- Ms. M. Mumthaj Begam M. Sc (IT), Assistant Professor
- Ms. G. Uma MCA., M. Phil., Assistant Professor
- Ms. V. Sankara Gomathi BE., Assistant Professor